Archive for October 2008
I think i have an addiction.
I have an addiction to seeing my nails coated and painted with nice colours. The past few days were colourless days (due to a busy weekend) and i felt as if my life was colourless as well. Fine, a tad over exaggeration here. But really, my nails never felt so exposed and naked.
Once again, another typical night here in hall. Plugged in and counting down to the weekends. But looks like i won’t be heading home this weekend. (Oh tragedy !) The parents ain’t home and i will probably get sucked into my bed and never return.
Sigh. I miss my parents. Loneliness was never this loud.
Love this long weekend. Found myself watching the Teevee on a Sunday night, concurrently with the attempt to understand what’s going on in Business Law. Felt so surreal.
Started studying for the finals and reminder to self: 15 more days. And my heart just beat a little faster.
Hopefully no more late night meetings, supper and other non exams relational activities from now on. I need peace and quiet to squeeze in my 3 core and 3 elective modules.Oh no, i am so scared. It feels like A Levels all over again.
Whoever said Uni is easier then JC ? I shoot you.
Finally, it’s Fliday.
I think i need to impose a 8-Hours sleep rule on myself. And perhaps a 30-Mins cap on my Facebook surfing. And oh, a limit of 80g of snacks a day.
Discipline. It is something i don’t possess and deeply desire for. If i have one, i will be the smartest, slimmest and nicest girl you know.
Swollen PInky, Blistered right thumb and a sore body.
Need to keep on going and get over with panicking and feeling stressed.
On another note, check out my new forms of motivations which will be staring at me everyday. Thank you you 🙂
This arrested my Monday attention and my perception about Banana is brought to a new found level.
The Theory behind the Diet (excerpt from the legendary website):
- Bananas contain enzymes that assist in digestion, speeding it up and thus reducing the amount of time the intestines need to work to digest food, resulting in a metabolism more suited to losing weight. These enzymes only exist if the bananas are eaten in their raw state.
- Bananas plus water results in faster and more frequent elimination and improvement of constipation symptoms. Some Morning Banana Diet followers report two or three trips to the toilet daily for “number 2.”
- Finishing dinner early and avoiding or reducing evening snacks allows the most active portion of the digestive process to complete before bedtime, making for a sounder sleep and more energy in the morning.
- Laying off the manditory exercise and allowing afternoon sweets reduces stress, which would otherwise lead to overeating.
- Even though you can eat “anything you want” for lunch and dinner, the filling, high-fiber banana breakfast, the early dinner, and the limiting of meal beverages to water (preventing the washing down of food in the manner of the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest “gurgitators”) tend to influence Morning Banana dieters to eat reasonable amounts.
- The three meals and one or two snack rule, along with the early bedtime, act as a throttle on grazing and unmindful eating throughout the day.
I’ve have called you children/I have called you son/What is there to answer if I’m the only one/Morning comes in Paradise/Morning comes in light/Still I must obey/Still I must invite.
If there’s anything to say/If there’s anything to do/I there’s any other way/I’d do anything for you.
I was dressed in embarrassment/I was dressed in white/If you had a part of me will you take your time
Even if I come back/Even if I die/Is there some idea to replace my life.
Like a father to impress/Like a mother’s mourning dress/If we ever make a mess /I’ll do anything for you
I have called you preacher/I have called you son/If you have a father/Or if you haven’t one/I’ll do anything for you.
– For the Widowers in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti/Sufjan Stevens